iBook and Applecare Warranty...

pod

Reaction score
I am buying a used iBook... it has 4 months Applecare Warranty remaining on it (confirmed by checking the serial number on the Apple website)... Is this Applecare Warranty 'transferrable' to me form the seller (who is the original owner from new)?... If so, what is the proceedure for transferring the warranty to me? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
AppleCare FAQ said:
Is the AppleCare Protection Plan transferable?
Yes, the AppleCare Protection Plan is transferable. When you give your iPod or Mac to your friends or family, you can also transfer the ownership of the AppleCare Protection Plan. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms & Conditions for complete details.
AppleCare FAQ
AppleCare Terms & Conditions said:
6. Transfer of Plan

You may transfer this Plan to a new owner of the Covered Equipment by sending or faxing notice of transfer to AppleCare Administration, P.O. Box 149125, Austin, TX 78714 — 9125, U.S. (fax number 512 — 674 — 8125). You must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred, proof of purchase of the Plan, and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.
AppleCare Terms & Conditions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.