Importing to iphoto query

Reaction score
Could someone plese assist with my problem importing a jpeg file into iphoto.

I have captured part of a screen using grap and then converted it to jpeg in Preview. I then thought it would be simple to import this into iphoto to use in a slideshow. However, even though it is shown in my iphoto library in finder it will not appear anywhere in iphoto. If I try and import it from iphoto I get a message saying it is an unreadable file and that 'the following file could not be imported (The file is in the iphoto library folder)'. I have also tried dragging the file into iphoto but get the same message. The file opens in preview OK.

I'm sure I am probably missing something simple here. I have searched this forum and the net but can't find an answer.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you dont need to convert the screenshot for it to work. Just go to File -> Import into iPhoto Library and import the original screenshot

OP
J
Reaction score
Great, that works. Thanks a lot. For some reason I thought iphoto couldn't import tiffs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.