bootcamp won't recognise xp sp2 cd

Reaction score
after i do the partiton and proceed with bootcamp, it asks me to insert the win xp cd. i put it in the drive and bootcamp doesn't see it. i'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2).

does anyone know if there's a way around this?

thanks.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Guardian said:
Did you make the slipstream disk, maybe it didnt burn correctly

well the copy i have is sp2 so do i need to do that? how would i make that with toast anyways?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, you do not need a SlipStreem CD. That is only if you have a say SP1 or lower CD. Is this XP SP2 CD a factory Microsoft CD or some copy? Also is it OEM?

OP
Q
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
No, you do not need a SlipStreem CD. That is only if you have a say SP1 or lower CD. Is this XP SP2 CD a factory Microsoft CD or some copy? Also is it OEM?

ya, it's a copy of an sp2 cd. renaming doesn't make it work either.

OP
Q
Reaction score
will xp pro corporate work if sp2 is intergrated? i might be able to get a deal on it.

OP
Q
Reaction score
i've figured it out. just so you all know. the key to making this work is burning the .iso file on a pc. i originally burned the .iso using toast and other mac os x methods, to no avail. but when i burned the exact file on my friends pc in nero burning rom, it worked.

so that's the key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.