getting songs off ipod onto imac

Reaction score
ok so i just bought an imac g5 today and am very excited about it. i have made a post about this before but i just want to make shure it will work. i downloaded the program senuti but if i plug my ipod in will itunes open up and like delete all my songs from my ipod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
tomanizzle said:
oh also my ipod was running on windows so would it matter if im switching to mac

Hey there, congrats on the new G5.. As far as having iTunes open when your 'Pod is plugged in, that's something you have to tell iTunes not to do, just go into the preferences and you can do so in there..

Secondly, when I bought my iPod video, it was formatted for Mac, but when I tried to use it on a windows machine, it would ask me if I would like to format it. When I decided to wipe it clean and clean out the music I no longer listen to, I formatted it as Windows, where all my music was.. When I plugged it back into my Mac, it worked as if it was formatted for Mac, so it SHOULD work for you no problem, as long as you have the latest firmware upgrades.

OP
T
Reaction score
wait a seccond so u lost all ur songs or what? all im worried about is losing all the music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
The only way that the music from your iPod would be deleted upon connecting it to your G5 would be if you have iTunes automatically sync your iTunes library with your iPod. (wow what a run on sentence!!) So "manually update" your library in iTunes and you will have no problem. Also, the format means nothing, I have added music to a windows formatted iPod from my MBP. You will need Senuti if you wish to move music from the iPod to your Mac

OP
T
Reaction score
ok thanks so much that helps a bunch, and the switch from windows to mac is the best idea iv had :)

OP
T
Reaction score
one more quickie, haha i checked the preferences in itunes and didnt see anything to stop it from connecting my ipod can any one help me out on how to do this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
When you have your iPod connected, select your iPod on the left-hand side. You should next see some tabs going across the top, starting with Summary, Music, Movies, etc.. Just select the tab which you want to configure, for example, select music. If you DO NOT want iTunes to sync your 'Pod, remove the check mark beside "sync music." If you WANT it to sync your music or whatever, put the check-mark beside "sync music" respectively, and select the sync options you want. You can do this for all of your media that you put on your iPod

R

ryancouey

with itunes 7 you can copy your entire library including playlists and playcounts to a cd/dvd and install it on your mac. you wont have to switch anything because pc formatted ipods work on macs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.