Files not behaving

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20"
I'm puzzled. Could someone please take a look at the code below and tell me what's wrong. I copied the code from a website a few years ago with a few to using the design as inspiration for a site of my own. However, when I open the file in any html editor the program tells me the "file cannot be edited for an unknown reason". Can html files be copy protected ?

Anyway to cut a long story short I viewed the source from a browser and copied it. I then pasted it into an html editor and here's the weird thing, when I went to save the file the program automatically deleted a chunk of text. Its always the same section of html that disappears. This is doing my head in now. I was initially interested in the design of the site, but now I'm more bafled by the way the html code vanishes.

Try copying this code and saving as html and then viewing in a browser. If the same happens to you as it does me then the code beginning :

<frameset frameborder=

will have disappeared and all you'll see is a message about no frames.

Can someone help please ?

Code below

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>website</title>
* <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
* <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="acps.css">
* <meta name="Classification" content="Cs">
* <meta name="Description" content="s">
* <meta name="KeyWords" content="Societies">
</head>
<frameset frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0" cols="*,640,*"><frame name="leftFrame" src="margin.htm" target="_self" scrolling="no"><frameset frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0" rows="*,50"><frame name="mainFrame" src=""><frame name="bottomFrame" src="" scrolling="no"></frameset><frame name="rightFrame" src="margin.htm" target="_self" scrolling="no">
* <noframes>
* <body>
* <p>Your browser does not appear to support frames. Please click <a href="menu.htm">here</a> to view the ACPS menu.</p>
* </body>
* </noframes>
</frameset>
</html>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.