Is My Canon Printer Doomed???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X
GOT THIS NEW 17" 1.33GH POWERBOOK JUST RECENTLY AFTER STRUGGLING WITH WINDOWS FOR 5 YEARS! HAVE THIS REALLY GOOD AND EXPENSIVE CANON BJC 80 PRINTER WHICH HAS GOT PARALLEL PORT AND IRD BUT NO USB. BEEN TOLD THAT I COULD GET AN ADAPTOR FOR LP1 TO USB BUT HAVENT FOUND ANY SO FAR! FURTHERMORE THERE IS NO DRIVER SOFTWARE IN CANON'S WEBSITE FOR MAC! :confused: WHAT DO I DO NOW? DO I SELL MY PRINTER (WHICH I LOVE ) AND BUY A MAC COMPATIBLE AND IF SO WHICH ONE?

PLEASE HELP A NEWLY BAPTISED MAC-MANIAC

MARK
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X
Thanks a lot, Great help! The only thing is that I'm in UK so I'll have to find the cable here now that I know it exists!

Cheers!

Mark

P

PowerbookG417

As speaking as a past tech agent for a major printer company i wouldn highly not suggest using that cable adapter its going to be really dirty as far as communication..not saying its not going to work it might work might not half the time from past expierence.
personnaly if you having as much problems as you are with drivers and cable your best off to either find a print server that is compatible or just sell it off going to be less head aches

P

PowerbookG417

but then that is just from the calls that i got...and no one calls into tech support to claim how well these adapters work..so i really only get to hear of the bad cases..but from the bad cases..id say no

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.