Windows XP installation question

L

lovinthehomegro

Im trying to put XP on my Macbook, but I need to know if there is a way to install Windows if you dont have the actual installation CD from Microsoft. I have all of the files needed I just dont know how to get my computer to run them. Every program I have tried asks for the CD. I took all of the files and burned them to a CD with an autorun file in there and im still getting nothing. Is this even possiable? Or will I have to break down and buy a copy or aquire a disk elsewhere?

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved thread to proper forum

OP
L

lovinthehomegro

^^How about a please?

I stepped on the disk about a month ago, and Im a broke college kid who does not have money to finance Bill Gates.

Any other Questions/Demands from the peanut gallery?

Reaction score
Google a search for "slip streaming" a service pack into WinXP. That will show you how to make a bootable ISO. You can burn a new CD with the ISO. IF, you have all of the files.

Good luck

OP
L

lovinthehomegro

thanks alot bro.

I do have all the files, I tried burning them to a CD and tried launching the Windows with both Boot Camp and parallel. Both programs said setup cd not inserted....or something of that nature. Ill check out the slip streaming and see what that does for me.

thanks again bro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
No, you can't just burn all the files to a CD. Thats not how Windows works... you'll need a bootable CD containing the proper XP install files, not just the files that it outputs onto your harddrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.