The only larger tease than not having a New C2D MBP is:

Reaction score
[Having the BT Mighty Mouse in front of you untouched and waiting to be used]

I have now switched!! Ordered my C2D MBP today, and hopefully it will come in 1-2 weeks. I went with the 15.4" 2.16Ghz Standard How it is.

I was really debating getting a larger hard-drive. However the company i bought it from allows trade-ups so i figure in about a year when a new MBP comes which it probably will(Hopefully Quad-Core) ill switch up. Ill have a hard time filling up about 100GB's. After is all and said and down from transferring over whats on my PC to my new mac, ill probably still have about 70 GB's, (including what the OS takes).

I was unsure about getting the glossy screen, but when i was looking at it in the store the matte screen i liked better. I am in areas with light usually and it was better for me to get the Matte.

So here i am waiting!

I cant wait for my new (and my first) laptop!

Whats everyones tips?

OP
T
Reaction score
Mac Gurus: I am getting prepared for the arrival of my C2D MBP

Hey everyone

i just ordered my new MBP today, and hopefully gonna get it within two weeks, i see some people are already rocking it! I couldnt wait any longer, and just in time. Anyways before the arrival i have been reading up and been looking at programs i want installed. Im gonna feel like when i get it, i wont know where to begin. So please help a switcher :D

Im gonna get MS office, and iWork when it arrives btw.

So first off for programs/apps:

Adium
Acquision
flip4mac
VLC
Bits on Wheels (for Torrents)
Firefox
Google Earth
Nufile
Ejector
Stuffit Expander
Cocktail
Synergy or Byte Controller(which would you choose?)
Saft
CandyBar (icon editing)
Clear Dock(doc editing)

Does anyone have any better recomendations if they see any program that is better or a program that i should remove? Or Any programs that should definitly be looked at and/or added?

Also Any DJ's around? Any good mixing programs or DJ programs?

And for widgets:

What widgets are peoples favorites? Also what are users favoritew album art widget? i want to find a good one that even maybe allows a search and import?

Thanks everyone! Im excited to be joining the new world of Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged threads since the second was a continuation of the first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
I used to use camino, but have recently moved to a browser called Flock. Its great if you upload alot of pictures to forums or websites, as you can sync it with your different Pictures accounts (eg you can sync it with iphoto, imagebucket, imageshack etc) to allow quick access to all your photos via the browser and upload them to a website or forum at the click of a button, saving you time going to the website, logging in, finding the image code etc etc. It also allows tabbed browsing and it as a spellcheck aswell, which is very useful when posting on forums and places like this.

Its definately worth a look. I was using camino, but this does so much more!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
shiira is pretty good too....I used it for a while, but then just went back to safari/webkit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
There are couple of more Apps. that might help to enhance your Mac experience. Take a look here.

Reaction score
I'm trying to get everyone I know to switch....... the problem is, for those friends and family I've built computer for, well they haven't really had any problems with it!!!! ahahahah.

I do have some friends that I DIDN'T build a PC for that I'm trying to get to switch.

I have been drooling at the mouth to close the book on my current PC and go with the Mac Pro. I am waiting (impatiently) until the Spring where I can get the Mac Pro with Leopard, iLife 07 installed, and by then there should be some refreshes on the configurations.

OP
T
Reaction score
Scroatdog said:
I'm trying to get everyone I know to switch....... the problem is, for those friends and family I've built computer for, well they haven't really had any problems with it!!!! ahahahah.

I do have some friends that I DIDN'T build a PC for that I'm trying to get to switch.

I have been drooling at the mouth to close the book on my current PC and go with the Mac Pro. I am waiting (impatiently) until the Spring where I can get the Mac Pro with Leopard, iLife 07 installed, and by then there should be some refreshes on the configurations.

yeah i think this may be the reason i wont by ms office yet or iwork, i figure theyll update it january in the meanwhile ill just go off my pc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.