spare parts

Reaction score
questions

hi all i was wondering were can i get some spare parts for my macbook?
i just bought a macbook 13" from ebay and the guy said the ribon than connects from the laptop to the screen is broken. anyone know were i can buy one from? i have emailed a few companys to see how much they whant to repair it.
now i bet i know wot u lot r thinking. y buy a laptop when the screen dont work. well iv been useing my ibook g4 for 2 years now and i tough i should get a macbook. sometimes i connect my ibook 2 my hdtv so this is wot im gona do with the macbook till i get it sorted

ps sorry im from the uk but i dont mind ordering the cable from the usa.
thanks

Q

Quruli

Have you tried speaking to the mac shop, they ill point you in the right direction.

OP
C
Reaction score
iv emailed about 7-10 diffrent apple repair companys in the uk and 2 have replyed so far and they both said the wont be able to get the cable and i should take it 2 apple.
question
now wot do apple need to do a warrany job?
would they need the recipt? as i think the macbook is only a few months old
thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
anyone? i found the page on the apple website were u enter the laptops serial number to check if theres warrany left (will check 2moro, laptop comes 2moro) but do i just go 2 the apple shop in london and give them my laptop? do i need the recipt as the seller cant find it (i can never find mine as well lol)

2moro when the laptop comes im gona connect it 2 my tv useing my ibooks g4 mini dvi - vga adaptor so i can use it but will the g4 one work?
and will i have 2 change any setting? if i have 2 im fooked
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.