Only 1 install disk !?!?

C

cboblett

My friend bought a mac mini, and I also have one. He bought it off ebay, and I told him I would help him do a fresh install of OSX. The problem is that his mac mini only came with the first install disk for 10.4, and his is an intel mac. Mine is a G4 mac, and I have both my install disks for 10.2. Is there any way to use his first disk and my second disk to install OSX on his computer? If not, how do I get my hands on the correct disk 2 to finish his install? My friend has a macbook with an intel, but I believe that the disks that are shipped with the hardware are specific for the machine they are on. Would there be any chance that apple would send me a disk 2 by itself? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz White MacBook, 1gb RAM, superdrive, 22in trinitron external monitor, 60gb internal, 300gb ext
are you sure there's supposed to be two disks for installing? i'd have to go and look but i'm fairly sure that my macbook came with only one. mabey it's because it's a dvd instead of a cd?
regardless, i doubt that your second disk would work with his firs disk, they are 2 completly different pieces of software

OP
C

cboblett

I'm pretty sure it is two disks because the first disk says "disk 1", and on my mac mini I have two install disks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
1. If the install media that came with your friends is a DVD then there will only be one disc
2. The OS X discs are different for PPC and Intel's so yours wouldn't work
and 3. It would be illegal to use your discs on his even if it did work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.