Upgrading to 10.3.9

G

gee street

Hi, 1st time here, hope I'm in the right place.

I've been told I need to upgrade my OS from 10.3.4 to 10.3.9 minimum in order to run a game I've recently bought. However, my Mac isn't connected to the net so I can't simply click 'Search for updates' but have to go online via my PC and transfer it via zip disc to my Mac.

I've downloaded this from Apple's website and it has installed but there's been no change to my Mac even after a restart.

I did a search on the apple downloads site for 10.3.9 and there are a number of results, I wonder if the one I chose was some kind of patch for people who already have .9? I'm a bit confused as to what to download and install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Are you sure the update didn't take?
Click on "About this Mac" from the blue Apple menu and check your specs.
You did download and install the corret package, so you might want to double check to make sure that it took first.

Picture 1.png

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Your update did not take. You will need the Mac OS X Combined Update 10.3.9 to get your system up to 10.3.9 from 10.3.4. The update you used will only bring a system from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.