missing characters

C

CyCo_CyBorG

how are you supposed to type the right brackets, the accolades, and the vertical stripe on a powerbook keyboard ?
i don't see these symbols anywhere on the keyboard, and i have tried a lot of key combo's, with some succes
{}[]
these i can find (respectively alt/option + round bracket key and shift + alt/option + round bracket key)
but the vertical stripe, i cant find it
so i was wondering if it is possible to input a character via it's ascii value, like on a windows pc: you hold down the alt gr key and enter the ascii value, release the alt gr key and out pops your character
but i can't find it on a mac

i need these characters when i start programming in Java (or any language for that matter), my university course is starting next week, so i don't wanna look a fool, with my super laptop, but a few missing keys :(

thx a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
OP
C

CyCo_CyBorG

PB alu 15" has a different keyboard
no such keys on mine, and messing about with the shift/alt/Fn keys doesn't work either
thx anyway

any other suggestions ...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.