• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

AC3 Codec Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
alright, i have some files in avi format with the AC3 audio codec, and i can't play anysound in quicktime. i have installed the Div z codec, and i found an ac3 codec for quicktime, but i dunno how to install it into quicktime, i tried judt draggin into the same folder as the rest of the components and it still didnt work,, any help would be apreciated

kamn445

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD
Yeah, I wish I could get somehelp on this but I really am starting to think that other than the switcher forum, this whole site isnt alot of help. I've asked a couple of... more complex questions and only gotten crickets and silence in return. Google is your friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Reaction score
kman445 said:
alright, i have some files in avi format with the AC3 audio codec, and i can't play anysound in quicktime. i have installed the Div z codec, and i found an ac3 codec for quicktime, but i dunno how to install it into quicktime, i tried judt draggin into the same folder as the rest of the components and it still didnt work,, any help would be apreciated

kamn445

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/avidivx.html

Make sure any codecs you download are either universal or for intel macs

OP
kman445
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
Yeah, I wish I could get somehelp on this but I really am starting to think that other than the switcher forum, this whole site isnt alot of help. I've asked a couple of... more complex questions and only gotten crickets and silence in return. Google is your friend.

i have found this forum to be VERY helpfull, every question i have asked has been answered, i understand some people dont like all these stupid questions, but everyone starts to learn from somewhere.

thnx cradom, and Pulse-8

Kman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD
**deleted** nothing worth saving.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.