Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
I'm wondering how long is the battery life on normal use like surfing the internet and maybe listening to music? And when you are watching a movie? Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
If i am browsing the net and have the screen brightness set to one and have the sound off and the battery is freshly charged, I get about 3 Hours or so, sometimes 3Hours 10 Minutes.

If i have the screen up, the music on and browsing, chatting, then about 2Hour 35 Minutes from fresh.

If I am buggering the out of it and video editing or rendering and burning, it goes to about 1.5hours from fresh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Are the Macbook Pro batteries worse than the Macbooks?

I started watching Battlestar Galactica (iTunes download last night) and watched 2 episodes (around 90 minutes) with the battery on 90% when I started. When I finished, the battery was on 40%. I can get 4 hours out of it easily if just browsing and doing word processing for example and I usually have the aiport on and bluetooth too. Lots of HDD accessing uses more power for sure. In fact think it pays to have more memory in this case.

T

todd51

If I have the screen brightness to the first bar, and I'm browsing the web with the sound off, and bluetooth off (wireless on), I get at right about 4 hours and 5 mintues or so. If I start listening to music it'll usually decrease to about 3 hours and 15 minutes. Pretty sure if I connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and turning the wireless off I'll get an even better battery life. I'll have to try that soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.