How can you view thumbnails of photos, etc in finder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
I'm having a hard time figuring this out - I've actually downloaded and tested out all viewer and photo related programs via the apple website and none of them do just this simple thing.

I don't want to use Iphoto or any such photo organizing program - I just want to be able to view all the pics via thumbnail within finder - or an integrated program - without having the entire program 'import' all the pics.

How's this possible? Is there some Finder setting I'm overlooking?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
In the Finder Window, on the left hand side of the two arrows there is three buttons the one on the left hand side will change the view settings to "Icon View" this should solve your problem.

And I hope that made sense?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
ROFLMAO!

I knew it was simple!!

Oh *tosses blond hair*
Silver's blond moment #1,000,000.

Oh, and I tell you what - KodakEasyShare, ViewIt, Xee, PhotoPresenter and CaffeineBrowser all functiong much like Iphoto - just incase you were wanting to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, in finder, just hit apple+j (view options) and tick the box 'show icon preview'
Alternatively, you can simply browse folders in column view (3rd view icon on folders or simply apple+3) to get previews and quick pic info ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
and if you want to make the thumbnails bigger just change the icon size

Reaction score
Ahhh... this has been bugging me too, and I knew it had to be easy. The bit I couldn't figure out was ticking the 'show icon preview' box. Thanks All!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
For me the best program for "browsing" images is Adobe Bridge. You get large previews, can find things easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.