Studio Display 21" Flickering

G

gsx292

Has anyone had any problems with their Studio Display 21" flickering? It flickers once every hour... or 2.

How long do I have before the monitor dies?

OP
C

Crowdaddy

gsx292 said:
Has anyone had any problems with their Studio Display 21" flickering? It flickers once every hour... or 2.

How long do I have before the monitor dies?

Is your monitor close to any speakers or devices that may cause interference? If so, move them away and see if the problem persists.

OP
C

creat10n

my 21" studio display just started doing this as well. anyone have any answers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
how bout your groundings.. properly connected to a surge protector? if it is and your still in the dark.. just give it to me. :) i'll take care of it, and you could buy a new one.. hahahaha.

EY

OP
C

creat10n

the only thing close to the monitor is my computer, it's on a rather expensive Belkin surge protector with only my laptop power thingy and my phone charger attached with it. it is 6 years old however, and the guns don't seem to shoot straight anymore (shaky screen).

it probably is time for a new monitor, but i don't want to just go out and drop $800+ if there's something i can do

Reaction score
Maybe...

Ok im not even a mac user but i might be soon. My monitor for my pc used to flicker and i didnt know what to do. I fixed it easily. I don't know if you can do this on a mac, but lower the refresh rate of the monitor and it will stop flikering... i think. It will take a minute to get used to..... Hope it works and good luck!

OP
W

wobblytable

21" Studio Display

Ironic. Mine just died. The USB ports work fine, and it makes a clicking sound, but no picture. I too was hoping someone had an answer. I'd spend $100 to fix it, because, like you say, I too am not ready to go drop serious cash for a new monitor.

If anyone has any ideas. I too would appreciate it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.