MacBook discoloration?

Reaction score
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1776/photo0006fi1.jpg

is this a discolored macbook? i took this pic with my phone, so sorry if the detail isn't perfect.

it looks a little like an ink/dirt smear because i've taken notes while surfing the web before, and i'm a left hander, but i've also tried wiping it clean and when I look at it from the distance, there's like a dark streak that looks completely unrelated to ink and dirt smears.

what do you think? is it discolored? what should i do if it is?

there's an apple store kinda close to my house.

E

ExTrEmE

go visit them, they will most likely give you a repair. but you might be away with for 1-2 weeks. about 4 days

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Discolouration of the macbook keyboards has been fixed since about week 28, so if your macbook is newer than that it should be fine. Also, that doesn't look like the keyboard discolouration. It goes yellow, rather than black or dark colours.

OP
T
Reaction score
i got my macbook on the first day it came out - and i was talking about the palm rest , not the keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I think cazabam was referring to the palmrest. He may have said "keyboard" because it's all one unit-- keyboard, mouse pad, mouse button, and palm rest.

The problem was that the palmrest turned yellow. My MacBook was built in June, and the mouse button went out just about the same time as the wrist rest area turned yellow. This was in early September. I went to my local Apple Store and they fixed it on site within 24 hours.

I can't tell from your photo, but it doesn't look yellow-- it looks smudged with blue or something. The best suggestion I have is the one Extreme had-- go visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

E

ExTrEmE

well i just sent mine back in for discoloration:

untitled-3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
caribiner23 said:
I think cazabam was referring to the palmrest. He may have said "keyboard" because it's all one unit-- keyboard, mouse pad, mouse button, and palm rest.

Yep :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.