Windows user getting a MacBook Pro :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
Well ever since I started using iMac in school I fell in love with Mac. Anyways I think I should be getting a MacBook Pro soon. I was wondering if I could transfer my music and photos via bluetooth. I only have like 5gb of music. Another thing is I would have to format my iPod nano to Mac right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
DarkRaven24 said:
Well ever since I started using iMac in school I fell in love with Mac. Anyways I think I should be getting a MacBook Pro soon. I was wondering if I could transfer my music and photos via bluetooth. I only have like 5gb of music. Another thing is I would have to format my iPod nano to Mac right?

Don't transfer 5gb on Bluetooth... unless you don't mind waiting a couple of days.

Get an external drive or use your nano as a drive to transfer the stuff across and then, yes, format the Nano to HFS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83GHz - 80GB HD - 2GB RAM - WHITE
Yea 5GB ouch.. USe a big flash drive or even wifi transfer would be better than bluetooth. Or just burn it to a DVD and a CD...

Chau!

-Todd

P.S. You will love the Macbook

OP
DarkRaven24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I wouldn't want to wait a few days lol. I guess I'm going to burn my music and pictures into a few dvds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
Senuti

When I switched I used Senuti to transfer my songs onto my mbp, the only thing is you will lose your playcounts and playlists. I searched forever to find a solution to saving the playlists etc but found none. I used a Lacie 500 gig to transfer the rest of my files which was painless.

OP
DarkRaven24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Red Snapper said:
When I switched I used Senuti to transfer my songs onto my mbp, the only thing is you will lose your playcounts and playlists. I searched forever to find a solution to saving the playlists etc but found none. I used a Lacie 500 gig to transfer the rest of my files which was painless.
i didn't think about my play counts :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
You don't really NEED to format your nano to Mac.

I use my 3rd gen iPod formatted as Windows on my iMac so I can use it in college for data storage for my work etc.

D

datorres

No need to format like wicker_man said. I have a windows formatted ipod working on my new macbook pro.

OP
DarkRaven24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
datorres said:
No need to format like wicker_man said. I have a windows formatted ipod working on my new macbook pro.

Really? So I just plug it in like if it was formatted to mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Mac can sync with a window's formated Ipod, but Windows cannot sync with a mac formatted ipod.

OP
DarkRaven24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wytwolf said:
Mac can sync with a window's formated Ipod, but Windows cannot sync with a mac formatted ipod.
That is good to hear. I can't wait to order my MBP.

M

millineranne

how did you transfer music?

WHen I hooked up my pc configured ipod it told me that it would erase all my music and start over...isn't there any way to easily move music from Ipod to new Mac without burnning disks without pying a fortune on ext HD? what'd you do?

wicker_man said:
You don't really NEED to format your nano to Mac.

I use my 3rd gen iPod formatted as Windows on my iMac so I can use it in college for data storage for my work etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Well I just backed up all of my music (about 25GB at the time) onto my 200GB external firewire/USB hard drive and loaded them onto my iMac.

It did need to re-sync all of my music though, but if I plug my iPod into my Windows laptop or iMac (or even college Dells) it is recognised as a hard drive and I can transfer data to/from it.

A good option would be to erase all music off your iPod, and enable disk use (formatted as Windows).

Then, copy and paste your music from your PC to your iPod into a folder on it, then plug into your Mac and copy it all onto it then import into iTunes, then sync your iPod.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
That's worth knowing. Good find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Yeah, thanks. I figure you can do this with any external drive. So many people ask this question I had to put it up.

OP
DarkRaven24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IronMac said:
Yeah, thanks. I figure you can do this with any external drive. So many people ask this question I had to put it up.

Thanks for the link IronMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.