Please Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
What is wrong with my MBP??? I need to pack and get out of China tomorrow and I can't eject a CD.

It has been 7 hrs now, I have tried everything, restart while holding down mose key, force quit, apple key + 'E' and of course the eject key.

I left the laptop on while I went out and when I came back it was still groaning and crunching but not spitting out the disk.

What on earth is wrong, I need to get this CD out, it's making horrible noises and I need use of the DVD burner before I leave this country.

Please help, I heard there was an emergency evacuation 3 key hold down proceedure for disks but I don't know what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
cameronryan said:
What is wrong with my MBP??? I need to pack and get out of China tomorrow and I can't eject a CD.

It has been 7 hrs now, I have tried everything, restart while holding down mose key, force quit, apple key + 'E' and of course the eject key.

I left the laptop on while I went out and when I came back it was still groaning and crunching but not spitting out the disk.

What on earth is wrong, I need to get this CD out, it's making horrible noises and I need use of the DVD burner before I leave this country.

Please help, I heard there was an emergency evacuation 3 key hold down proceedure for disks but I don't know what it is.

If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects.

firmware eject will not work on intel macs

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
It doesn't, there should be one on all computers. I've switched it back on after a 1hr break and still same problem, cd icon doesn't even show.

I wish I'd known before buying this thing that copying ones cd collection to i-tunes was going to be a game of russian roulette.

Reaction score
cameronryan said:
It doesn't, there should be one on all computers. I've switched it back on after a 1hr break and still same problem, cd icon doesn't even show.

I wish I'd known before buying this thing that copying ones cd collection to i-tunes was going to be a game of russian roulette.

How about going to Disc Utility in Applications>Utilities and if the disc is in the left pane, then highlight it and hit the red eject button in the menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.