Google Video help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
This may sound thick to a genius but here goes....

I have started watching google videos.
As I live in Thailand and download speeds arent the best I usually let some load before playing one.
Often I find I have loaded say half, but it's time for bed or go out. If one closes the window this half seems to be lost. I told a friend and he said download Google Video Player and you can store. Well I downloaded and it doesn't seem to do anythin except provide a full screen pic which is available anyway. There doesn't seem to be help worth speaking of.
Have I overlooked something?
In any case is there a better modus operandi for downloading the videos Google has on file?
Thanx in advance!

ps sorry to duplicate posts but may be better here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
Last I checked Im pretty sure google video player mostly acted as a tuner of sorts, just to be able to watch and not to store. If you have firefox there is an extension that lets you download videos off of sites such as google videos or youtube. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you look, most google videos have a box in the right hand side that lets you download the video to your computer.

Hit the 'Download for Windows/Mac' button and it'll save a copy to your hard drive for your convenience.

P.S. This'll obviously only work on files that are free, not on paid google video content.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
thank u both.

I have hit that button before AptMunich just to start my download. But when I only get half and try again next time it starts at the beginning!!

More More!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Oh I see... I thought you meant it wouldn't let you watch from cache..

It seems as though google's servers don't support download resumption?

Either try finding an os x download manager or just let the download finish and set your mac to sleep after a certain period of inactivity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.