Good deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
A friend of mine wants to move to a Macbook and he offered me his 12 inch powerbook (1.33ghz, 256 ouch ram, superdrive, 80 gig hdd) and 400 cash for my white macbook 2ghz 1gb 80gb superdrive.

Is this a good deal or no?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Hmmm i dont think so

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a fyi it has a pretty big crack in the case near the edge (metal split from plastic)

Otherwise its in pretty good condition.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
good deaL?

Good deal?
A friend of mine wants to move to a Macbook and he offered me his 12 inch powerbook (1.33ghz, 256 ouch ram, superdrive, 80 gig hdd) and 400 cash for my white macbook 2ghz 1gb 80gb superdrive.

Is this a good deal or no?

Reaction score
Depends if you can live with a Powerbook. I am not a big fan of Macbooks. Do you need to run Intel software? Ask yourself those questions. My opinion is if a G4 will do whay you need, and the PB is in excellent shape, might not be a bad deal. It really is your call though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Wrong forum for this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
techster82 said:
Wrong forum for this thread.
I agree. :black:
Moved to a more appropriate forum.
:black:

Personally, you would be getting the shaft in this deal. Don't get me wrong, PB's are great machines, but for what you would be getting your friend would need to cough up a little more cash. More like $650 to $700 PLUS the PowerBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i agree with db as always....

-chris

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Mod note: Merged with other thread and given a better home, at least I hope it was given a better home seeing that Devilboy was going to move eet. :eek:

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CTSxViper said:
Depends if you can live with a Powerbook. I am not a big fan of Macbooks. Do you need to run Intel software? Ask yourself those questions. My opinion is if a G4 will do whay you need, and the PB is in excellent shape, might not be a bad deal. It really is your call though.

I'm not going to be keeping it - just reselling it.

So its not a good deal for me? :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
i just got 875 on ebay for my 12" 1.33 80gb 1.25gig memory. it was mint and had all original packaging install disks and i had also purchased tiger which went with it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you like your Macbook? Does it have any issues? If no, I would just keep it and save yourself the trouble. Who knows, besides that crack, there maybe other issues with the PowerBook that might get in the way of you selling it and gettting another Macbook to replace yours. If the Powerbook was in perfect shape I would say it would not be a bad deal.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is not in perfect shape, nor is it in very good shape either. Werther or not I like my macbook is a moot point since I'm selling it either way, I'm just looking for the way to get the most money out of it - however, if the difference (selling the pb + taking cash) vs just selling it would be minimal, then I'd like to help my friend out because he really wants it.

However, if I'm getting a crap deal, I'd like to know.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I did answer the question. I threw the part about the MacBook in as for some reason I thought you were selling the Powerbook if you got it to and getting another Macbook.

With it cracked and with small amount of RAM I don't feel it's a very good deal at all. Maybe it was dropped at one time so there might be other problems. If the Powerbook was in good shape I would say it was a very good deal if you are after making $$$.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There isn't any shady dealings (drops ect) that I don't know about because this is a friend of mine, not somebody on the internet or something. It just got a smashed corner in some sort of accident - its pretty brutal though ;). I think I'm just going to let him sell it and buy the Macbook from me with cash.

Thanks for the advice :)

(and eric, if you read this - read above haha)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.