OS 8.6 and 9.2

J

jasonc

I need to get these on a network and if possible share some devices, such as a printer and maybe a backup disk. There will also be a new Macbook running 10.4.8 on this network as well. Ideally a mix of wired and wireless networking.

How do I even do this, I am not very familiar with 8.6 and just a bit more so with 9.2.

Thanks.

Reaction score
jasonc said:
I need to get these on a network and if possible share some devices, such as a printer and maybe a backup disk. There will also be a new Macbook running 10.4.8 on this network as well. Ideally a mix of wired and wireless networking.

How do I even do this, I am not very familiar with 8.6 and just a bit more so with 9.2.

Thanks.

I have several machines with OS 9.1 and printers on a network,You need some cat5 ethernet cables and a 10/100 hud. All the softwear is in the OS,you have to change some controls to ethernet and start up file sharing. My printers are an Apple laser 630 and Epson 900n on the network.You can do the wireless if you can find the drivers for mac wireless cards. Can't tell you about OS 10 on the network,not shure how to set that up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.