External IBOOK speakers??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Looking at getting some external speakers for the ibook. I was looking at the jbl creature speaker system. Anyone have any other happy or horror tales dealing with any particular speakers for their ibook?

W

Wapa18

jaster said:
Looking at getting some external speakers for the ibook. I was looking at the jbl creature speaker system. Anyone have any other happy or horror tales dealing with any particular speakers for their ibook?

i can't speak on behalf of how the ibook works, as i don't have one, but with my power mac G4 i have the jbl creatures, and they are absolutely fantastic speakers. so tiny, yet with such clear amazing sound. honestly, i don't regret getting them one bit. :D

G

gen3ric

i have some harmon kardon champaign speakers. They have two line inputs so I can hookup my ibook and maybe my ipod or my pc. Any decent external speakers will do fine. Those JBL's are pretty nice.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Ordered the Creature speaker system today. Can't wait till it arrives, thanks all!

S

supenguin

I'll have to check out those creature speakers... I use my ibook for watching DVD's and often the internal speakers leave a lot to be desired. Maybe I could try them out in the local Apple store?

T

Tel

I use the Harman/Kardon Soundsick II, from what I've heard from my friend JBL, I'm glad I went with the Soundsticks. The JBL's still sound **** good though.

Hmm... I just realised this post was from about 8 decades ago... yet there was a link to it at the bottom of a page for similar threads... Ah well, please ignor :)

E

Ey3 D

JBL OnTour are awesome! Very LOUD, clear sound, cheap, cool, portable and if your put batteries in 'em you can just plug in anything on the road and listen! Da bomb man!

T

Tel

Not really in the same leauge as those mentioned above though. I've got the JBL On Stage, they're pretty good sound quality for their size, I got them over the On Tour because they have a dock which also charges your iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd get the JBL encounter speakers if I had to choose between JBL Creature2/Harman Kardon Soundsticks II/ JBL Encounter - they cost twice as much as the creatures, but only roughly €30,- more than the soundsticks but sound a lot better IMO.

They look slightly odd though...

T

Tel

They do like quite odd but I've never seen anywhere sell them, and I wouldn't fancy buying any speakers without seeing and more importantly hearing them first. Thats one thing I like about the Apple store, no one turned a blind eye when I unplugged their Soundsticks from their mini and plugged in my iPod to run some of my music through them. They didn't even mind when I turned the bass or volume almost right up, infact, I seem to remember a sales rep bobbing his head up and down to so Doves tunes I was playing :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
why didnt you just buy really nice headphones?

T

Tel

I'm not sure who that question was aimed at to be honest. Though I did get some decen earbuds when I lost my iPod ones, Sony Funtopia, much better than the standard iPod earbuds but I've had them a while now, they're in need of being replaced.

What are some goodbuds? Preferably less that £60.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.