iWow iTunes plugin - How do I remove it

F

freakout

This stupid thing keeps popping up telling me to register since my "demo" ran out. How can I just get rid of the darn thing? :eek:neye:

I don't even remember downloading it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If you have Tiger, run a Spotlight search for it and delete it.

OP
F

freakout

It found 3 results, and 1 is an installer. I can't drag it to the trash and I can't right click. When I click on any of the results (excluding the installer) it just opens iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Most of the time, plug-ins like this will be removed if you run the installer again, so try that.

OP
F

freakout

I ran it again, it said "please retry the installation" once it finished. Nothing was removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Give Appzapper a try. It should allow you to select the plugin, then it will bring up the files associated with it. It is shareware, however it will give you 5 free "zaps" so you should be able to solve your problem without having to register.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Go back to the SRS web site and download the program again, there is an uninstaller included in the DMG file.

OP
F

freakout

I tried Appzapper but it didn't show up anywhere. I did what wheelguy said and it there was infact an uninstall thing, so thank you wheelguy! It worked.

Reaction score
How to disable or uninstall iWow plug-In

Go to:

Library/Audio/HAL/Plug-Ins

Reaction score
How to Remove iWOW

How to uninstall the iWOW trial or Premium
We have included the uninstall file in the installer package for the iWOW. If you have already deleted the package:

For iWOW Premium for PC users: You should go the Start Menu>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs, then double-click “SRS iWOW for PC” and remove it from there.

For iWOW Premium for Mac users: iWOW for Mac can also be uninstalled by going to the Applications/SRS Labs/iWOW folder and choosing the ‘uninstall’ file from there.

For iWOW 2 users: iWOW 2.0 can also be uninstalled now by going to the Applications/SRS Labs/iWOW folder and choosing the ‘uninstall’ file from there.

For iWOW 1.1 users: you can simply download it from the link below and run the 'uninstall' file from there.
http://downloads.srs-store.com/SRS iWOW 1_1_12_255.dmg

If this does not work, you can manually uninstall iWOW by going to the folder /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ and deleting the iWOW file from there.

For iWOW 1.0 users: You can manually uninstall iWOW by going to the folder /Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ and deleting the iWOW file there.

I hope this post helps... : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (early 2008), 4 GB RAM; Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz, 3 GB RAM
trying to get rid of iWow

I got ripped off by SRS Labs...I downloaded latest version of their iWow plugin for iTunes...tried entering the registration number exactly as it appeared on the e-mail reply I got from SRS Lab. "Incorrect Registration Number" or something to that effect is what I got in red letters. Huh?

OK fine. Now I am having problems getting rid of the SRS Labs iWow plug in for iTunes too. Every time I open iTunes I get a dialog from iWow plug in..."Demo Period Is Over" or something like that. OK fine. I can no longer use it. Now please tell me how to get rid of it.

iMac 24" (early 2008) running Leopard 10.5.6, iTunes 8.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.