Finally doing it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
Well,

I've been a PC guy for a long time, about 3 years ago a friend of mine made me take a really good look at macs and after I did, I had to get one. I ended up getting an iBook, which I still have. However I still use my PC for a lot of stuff. I work in IT and I use and fix PC’s all day and honestly it was nice to come home and use something different sometimes.

I noticed the Core 2 Duo’s just came out for the MBP’s and I saw the refurbished Core Duo’s just got cheaper so I decided to go for it!

I am finally replacing my Desktop PC with a MBP.

This is what I got:

Refurbished MacBook Pro, 15-inch Glossy Display, 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo
15.4-inch glossy widescreen display (1440x900 resolution)
1GB (single SODIMM) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
100GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
Slot-load SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 256MB GDDR3 memory
Built-in iSight Camera
Front Row and Apple Remote

For $1,599.00 I think it’s a pretty good deal.

I am very psyched, I’ve always wanted a powerbook/macbook pro.

I also do a lot of work on the side fixing PC’s and there has been several times I’ve used my iBook onsite to fix PC’s (recover files and that type of stuff) I love how people give me strange looks and say “Your using a mac to fix my PC”?

It should be here Thursday and I cannot wait!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Congrats, sounds like a sweet machine for a nice price!

OP
Josh_MacMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
Well, I got the MBP, I love it! This thing is freakin' awesome! I even set up Boot Camp and XP to play a few games I like, they run very well. My brother recently got a Dell M1210 Notebook and he very jealous of my MBP. I think it's only a matter of time before he breaks down and gets one. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.