quadsucker web

D

donna15

I am trying to find
a program that automatically downloads jpegs from web
sites, and displays them as they are being downloaded.
There is a windows program called quadsucker web,
that does this in windows. If anyone knows of a such a
program for the mac please let me know .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
hmm, that actually seems rather pointless to me, as you can see the image in the browser anyway. Isn't the point of downloading images, the ability to store and view them later?

Anyway, I'm not sure if this will work as you want or not, but there's an option in Safari's preferences, under General - 'open "safe" files after downloading'. That might do the trick. I often use opt+click to quickly download some files.

As for automatically downloading things, I personally wouldn't trust that. I like to know exactly what's going on. Surely using 'save image to disk' or 'save linked image to disk' won't take that much longer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dtownley1, he wants to do it so let him do it

donna15 i would first suggest you think of some good search phrases to find a program like that on either macupdate.com or versiontracker.com you might be able to find a program that does the same thing over there

if not you will need to either create an applescript or automator function to do this....neither are too difficult but you would need to create a new thread once you find that there are no programs to do this for you
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
sorry, I didn't mean to go off like that, nor did I mean that donna15 shouldn't bother. I just think it pays to be wary about what you are and aren't intending to download.

OP
D

donna15

thanks ... I have a friend who just moved to Apple from Windows and was asking me about equivalent programs that he misses . Another one he brought up was "Sidekick 98"

For many the switch to the Apple format is difficult because they are us to many programs that they can not find Apple equivalent ones .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, but from what I was able to see, sidekick has been discontinued...
So he'd probably have to move to another PIM solution sooner or later anyway.

Entourage, Address Book & iCal are very nice :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
donna15 said:
thanks ... I have a friend who just moved to Apple from Windows and was asking me about equivalent programs that he misses . Another one he brought up was "Sidekick 98"

For many the switch to the Apple format is difficult because they are us to many programs that they can not find Apple equivalent ones .

quickly searching Sidekick 98 shows it's pretty similar to iCal and Address Book. 'Task List' is a pretty useful app I came across recently, which will sort tasks, assignments etc. along with due dates, and synch them with it's own widget.

I think in most cases there will be a mac equivalent, just under a different name. Searching can be difficult sometimes, so I usually just spend time browsing randomly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.