Skype Download ??? What happened???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Ok.. so I went to download Skype tonight... It began the download process then got hung-up at 6.0MB of 22.7MB... it hung for about a minute... then stopped and read "Download failed"...

I tried again.... this time... smooth as butter... I dragged the image to my Applications as directed... HERE IS THE STRANGE PART... I double clicked the Skype icon in the apps. folder and EVERY SINGLE app. began to open... I mean everything... stuff started registering (Adium and aMSN).. Icons were bouncing all over the dock... I tried everything but couldn't get it to stop... eventually I resorted to just reaching around and pressing-holding the power button, then restarting... below is an image.. What happened???

TIA

278682717_96b0823ba3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you must have somehow had all of the applications selected and when you double clicked on skype it opened them all up

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
trpnmonkey41 said:
you must have somehow had all of the applications selected and when you double clicked on skype it opened them all up

So nothing to be too concerned about right???

Thanks trpmonkey41

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
that's a funky screen shot - but I'm guessing trpnmonkey41 is right there, especially since a lot of folders are open at the same time. In fact, about half of them appear to be folders. Check your applications folder - you'll probably see around a 50/50 (depending on how you copy and manage) mix of application icons and folders. So yeah, I think he's dead on the money there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually I did that at work recently on purpose...

A customer we had in wanted to see how stable OS X really is at multi tasking, so showed him a few open apps and he wasn't impressed.

So command+a the apps folder and hit command + arrow down and everything starts bouncing... the 13" Macbook with 2 Gigs of RAM handled it beautifully though... plus he ended up buying one :)

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Aptmunich said:
Actually I did that at work recently on purpose...

A customer we had in wanted to see how stable OS X really is at multi tasking, so showed him a few open apps and he wasn't impressed.

So command+a the apps folder and hit command + arrow down and everything starts bouncing... the 13" Macbook with 2 Gigs of RAM handled it beautifully though... plus he ended up buying one :)

In hindsight, now knowing exactly what it was doing... I am amazed that it was able to open everything... As you can see in the image my dock was full.. but what you can't see is that all (most of) the dock icons were bouncing up and down like 1st graders wanting to be picked..

"pick me, no pick me... I'm over here pick me!" :D

Is there anything I should check on due to the fact that I simply powered it down without closing out of everyrhing???

It was nice NOT to see the:
"Windows was not shut down properly" <--- YEAH no kidding.. thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.