Can't retrieve sent messages in Mail 1.3.11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 + Mac Pro 8-core 6Gb
OS X 10.3.9

For a long time, I've been getting "The message from <my_address> concerning “subject” has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it." instead of every sent message.

The account is online. I want my sent messages back. Has anyone seen this fault? It's important!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
twitchymike@mac said:
OS X 10.3.9

For a long time, I've been getting "The message from <my_address> concerning “subject” has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it." instead of every sent message.

The account is online. I want my sent messages back. Has anyone seen this fault? It's important!

Any ideas?

Thanks

The mail app is usually only going to do whatever it was set up to do. I would create a second mail account and make sure all the correct boxes are ticked and see if there's a mention of where your sent messages are kept. See if this problem persists in the new account.
If so, short fix until this is sorted out could be that as you create mail in the 1st account you CC all messages to this second account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.