FL Studio for Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got my first Mac and it's amazing. I have one question though: Is there an FL Studio (aka Fruity Loops) for the Mac or will there be one in the future? I've been using FLS to make music for a long time and I don't know what I'd do without it. I'd love to learn Logic, but it's a wee bit expensive and I'm broke (spent all of my money on the iMac). Thanks a lot...

Reaction score
bstizzle said:
Hi everyone, I just got my first Mac and it's amazing. I have one question though: Is there an FL Studio (aka Fruity Loops) for the Mac or will there be one in the future? I've been using FLS to make music for a long time and I don't know what I'd do without it. I'd love to learn Logic, but it's a wee bit expensive and I'm broke (spent all of my money on the iMac). Thanks a lot...

Reason appears to be the closest you can get to FLs on a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
bstizzle said:

Did you try garage band yet? you have the selection of insturments, onscreen inputs and you can use your keyboard to input the beats and notes. Mix it all around. and best of all if you bought a new mac, its in your ilife already.. Otherwise you would have to buy ilife if you don't have it.

AkA

Reaction score
I too am a Mac user with a great love for FL Studio, currently I'm using a MacBook and running Windows XP via Parallels Desktop so I don't have to let go. It's a suggestion, although its not really a great solution to the problem because your memory and processor power is split to run both OSX and XP simultaneously. Also, it seems that lots of my external equipment (like M-Audio boxes etc) don't like running through Parallels. Other than that, shoot for Ableton Live or Reason... sigh :|

It frustrates me that Image-Line haven't made a Mac version; in the FL forum they say that to make it compatible would require a code rewrite (isn't it their job to program?) and have some video of a guy (who blatantly knows nothing) cussing Macs. I guess this means that they're not fans of Apple. But some good news is that they have releases some of their recent plugins as AUs and Mac-compatible VSTs alongside the Windows versions. Fingers crossed that they begin to do this for all of their software in the near future...

Reaction score
should run using darwine as it runs flawless in wine.

otherwise combine iDrum with a daw

AkA

Reaction score
I've found that a combination of MOTU's Digital Performer and FXpansion's GURU plugged into DP was the way for me to go, trying to recreate anything close to FL Studio on Mac.

It doesn't necessarily need to be Digital Performer (which is pretty expensive) but any program with a good piano roll will suffice. Kontakt is also a great option, as it's pretty much the best sampler around.

GURU is set out very similar to FL Studio's step sequencer and in some ways is a lot more versatile. It can be used as a standalone program or as a plugin, has a great browser with sound preview, has a loop slicer tool and can use 3rd party effects.

Reaction score
the thing that gets me the most is how people think using fl studio in bootcamp is the problem solver. its not even close. theres many non capability issues you can run into. if i had fl projects that used other daws with rewire, i would have to install each daw on the windows partion of the drive, taking up more space, and defeating the purpose of using the mac features and running right off the osx with faster processing. i can almost assure you there working on a mac version, even if they announced it or not. unless they announce that fl studio will be for windows forever, witch they have not. its a no brainer. no need to start using a apple daw when you been using another for years. im sure fl for mac will come along in time...to many people demand it and would be foolish for image line or whoever not to bring it to the table

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Ever heard of Logic? It's like the pro version of Garageband, it's rather expensive, though. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch MacBook Pro,2.8GHz dual-core,Intel Core i7,4GB 1333MHz
I was in the same predicament but I just said forget it and started to move forward for the time being I am learning garageband and use iDrums ($20 in the app store). I am now saving my money for Logic(only $199 in the app store). Image-Line has no plans of ever making FL Studio compatible with Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.