• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MacBook Pro now shipping with Core 2 Duo

Reaction score
****.... one week after I purchased my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I just got my 2ghz Core 2 Duo Windows laptop for work last week and it's smoking...kills my 2ghz Core Duo MacBook. 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo must be absolutely insane!

Edit: Wow they are offering the new 200gb 4200rpm laptop hard drives!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
05GT said:
****.... one week after I purchased my MBP.

I think you may be able to take it back to Apple and get it Upgraded.

Reaction score
Mattlike said:
I think you may be able to take it back to Apple and get it Upgraded.

Hmmm...
I'm going to have to give them a call today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy
I feel like a real tool if this has already been posted, but a brief search and I came up with nothing. Announced today the MacBook Pro line is now shipping with the Core 2 Duo, it is 39% faster than the Core Duo.

October 24, 2006
Apple today announced that its entire MacBook Pro line of notebooks now includes the new Intel Core 2 Duo processor and delivers performance that is up to 39 percent faster than the previous generation. All MacBook Pro models now offer double the memory and greater storage capacity than the previous generation, as well as a FireWire 800 port for connecting to high-speed peripherals. The new MacBook Pro's stunning, lightweight, aluminum enclosure is just one-inch thin, available in 15- and 17-inch models, and features a built-in iSight video camera for video conferencing on-the-go. "With an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, greater storage capacity and FireWire 800 connectivity, the new MacBook Pro delivers unprecedented performance and mobility in an incredibly thin and light design," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "We are thrilled that our notebook sales are growing twice as fast as the overall notebook market, and we hope these new MacBook Pro models continue that success."

I'm pretty stoked, I've been holding off on my purchase (mainly cause I'm broke) and this makes me feel a little better about that. Hopefully I can gather up some scratch to get one soon.
Apple Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
i should have waited another week to order. stupid me. not only is it just the processor its stock with 1 gb ram and 120 gb hard drive. i upgrade the hard drive and the ram to 1gb which cost me extra. 1 week later it comes standard and i cant return it because i used the custom configuration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
05GT said:
Hmmm...
I'm going to have to give them a call today.

Yeah do it. Since you got it such a short time ago, I think they will let you get the new version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
CJ064 said:
i should have waited another week to order. stupid me. not only is it just the processor its stock with 1 gb ram and 120 gb hard drive. i upgrade the hard drive and the ram to 1gb which cost me extra. 1 week later it comes standard and i cant return it because i used the custom configuration.

You should complain to apple about that.. If you made those upgrades and a week later they came out with the new macbooks thats just not right. Who knows maybe they'll give you some money back.. Anything is worth a try.

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that 2GB or RAM is now STANDARD on the 17" notebook? It is expandable to 3GB.

Reaction score
Will this be coming to the ordinary macbook, and is there a price difference between the old mac book pro and the core 2 duo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
nice upgrade. bit disappointed with no changes to graphics though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
on the phone right now they are going to let me exchange it. im extreemly happy with them right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats great news CJ, I had a feeling you wouldn't get screwed.

As for the question on when it will come to the MacBook, I assume it's not far behind. Maybe early in November, but obviously thats just a sheer guess. And no, there is no price difference between yesterdays MacBook Pro and todays Pro with Core 2 Duo and upgraded RAM and HDD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
CJ064 said:
on the phone right now they are going to let me exchange it. im extreemly happy with them right now

Thats great.. I love it when a company takes care of its customers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
CJ064 said:
They did this with my dad when he purchased a Core Duo 20" iMac and 6 days later came out with the Core2Duo. He returned it and upped to the 24" without any problems from apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
05GT, I'm pretty sure they will let you swap yours out for a new one. I posted this (without noticing this thread) in the MacBook Pro forum earlier and one of the posters in there had the same situation. He called Apple and they are allowing him to return it and will be giving him a new one with the Core 2 Duo.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43903

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Nice.
I see myself getting one when Leopard is released. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Love this news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.