• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MacBook Pro now shipping with Core 2 Duo

R

Reverend Wally

Update: The wireless card in the Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro is identified as a Atheros AR5008 802.11n chipset which is another "draft 802.11n" card which is described as "Up to 650% Faster & 5X Farther than 802.11g".

Another draft 802.11n card was discovered in the recently released Core 2 Duo iMacs as well. There is speculation that the upcoming iTV from Apple will support the unfinished 802.11n protocol which promises faster speeds and greater range than the current 802.11g standard.

This is from a report submitted by arn in the MacRumors.com in Brian's Macbook Pro (C2D) Review

Q: What wireless network card is in the new C2D MBP?
A: The card is based on the Atheros AR5008 802.11n chipset.
Additional: The card only supports 802.11g in OS X, however in Win XP via BootCamp you can get full "n" functionality by installing the driver for the D-Link DWA-645 (version 102). Link to driver ---> http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=489&sec=0#drivers

Go here for the full report

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/10/20061026001358.shtml

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Ok - hats off to Apple. Macbook Pro coming on Monday and case coming on Tuesday. Ordered thursday night (late). A M A Z I N G!

Reaction score
Eh...Must be nice...I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and it still hasn't shipped. Eh, and I need it to so I can send the Core Duo back in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
yeh I'm pleased! How did I ever doubt them lol!

J

JasonTech

I purchased a MBP on Monday and on Tuesday the new one was released so i ordered another one and when the first one arrived I called Apple and they emailed me a return label from Fedex and i sent it back. They also told me that you have 14 days to return/upgrade from the date of purchase. i love this new MBP this is the first one i have ever used. much better then Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Any word on upgrading the regular MacBooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I think they will keep the MacBooks on the CoreDuo for a while to have a larger gap between the pro and consumer lines

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.