Need help - animated .gifs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
How do I view animated .gifs on my mac? When I open one all it does is open each frame in preview, but I see no way of how to let me play it in motion. If anyone could tell me this would be great thanks.

Btw, sorry if this isn't the correct forum catagory to post this in. Seem'd like it would be the most appropriate.

Reaction score
iphix said:
How do I view animated .gifs on my mac? When I open one all it does is open each frame in preview, but I see no way of how to let me play it in motion. If anyone could tell me this would be great thanks.

Btw, sorry if this isn't the correct forum catagory to post this in. Seem'd like it would be the most appropriate.

QuickPlayCM will do it.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13227

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
so will quicktime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just drag the .gif into Safari (or any browser) and it will play in a loop.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
So, there is no way where you can just click on the image and it'll play like on a windows machine? Hmm.

Anyway, thanks for all your repsonses. You've all been a great help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
select the gif. then use cmd+I to "get info" on the gif. Like windows properties. Use the "open with" option to select quicktime for instance. You'll also have the option to apply this to all gifs or just the one you've chosen (unlike windows).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.