iMac 24" intel slowdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
I don't understand. I got my iMac Intel core2 duo 24". I added 2gb RAM. Checked the about this mac and saw that it does indeed recognize the 2gb ram. But for some reason, the computer is slow. If I am using Photoshop and cloning, I will select my source and clone another area but it takes about 5 seconds for it to actually do it. This should be automatic. On my powermac G4 I did not have this problem. Why is this happening???
When I clicked on my mail, that was only minimized, it too a few seconds before it brought it up again. At first, when the computer first recognized the 2gb of ram, it was so fast. Now it is so slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Is it a Universal Program?

As this would cause a Slowdown, check to see if there are any updates for the Software. I had a similar problem playing The Sims 2 (my Sister's :$)

OP
soul60s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
BIG D 04 said:
Is it a Universal Program?

As this would cause a Slowdown, check to see if there are any updates for the Software. I had a similar problem playing The Sims 2 (my Sister's :$)

I am not sure actually. It is Creative Suite CS. But my mail program is slow too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Creative Suite CS I don't think is a Universal Program and I'm sure there was another thread mentioning the fact that you will find Creative Suite Cs running faster on Boot Camp than on OSX.

Hope someone can help you out though, as My Sig explains me! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Creative Suite runs though Rosetta, so every command has to be translated from PowerPC to x86 on the fly. Overall, it should still be nippy though, with filters and complex tasks taking a bit longer than would be expected.

Universal CS3 comes out in spring 07.

Mail might be slow if you have a couple of other non-universal progs open at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Right now, Adobe Creative Suite is not Universal, meaning that it will run slower than it would on a PPC Mac. As far as your mail goes, just because the computer's processor is faster doesn't mean that the hard drive is faster. The new Intel Macs do use SATA hard drives, but they're not all that much faster than the older ATA 7200rpm drives. Take a step back for a second...your mail is loading in a "few seconds"...that's still pretty quick :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.