Jpeg resizer in bulk

Reaction score
I have lots and lots of pictures that are 5mb each, but thats too big to upload or send in emails.I don't want to do them in Preview individually either. I'm very new to owning a Mac system so was wondering what program (either freeware or payware) can decrease the size of the pictures to jpeg but not affect the quality of the pictures too much

Thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Photoshop will do this if you happen to have it. It is fairly pricey, so I wouldn't go get it just for this. If you do have it, check under File, Automate, Image Processor. It will do all sorts of clever things in bulk to whole folders of photos. I use it all the time - it is great tool.

Reaction score
If you highlight the images in iPhoto Library and then go to iPhoto>Share>Export, you can select a size for the batch export and this will reduce the overall size of each of the selected pictures but won't affect the quality.

My test produced an image which was 288kb and was reduced to 52kb.

With a 5mb pic, your going to have to experiment with reaching that happy medium with regards to having an image with which you are happy with the quality and doesn't take forever to upload.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.