Home folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Can anyone tell me does it live in the app´s folder ? I was playing around and dragged my home folder to the right of the dock. Still playing around I dropped it into the application folder (I think cause it´s there nowI lost my grip while dragging it)

Can I delete it from the app´s folder without losing it totally ?
I still have it on my dock and sidebar in finder.

Should it be in the app´s folder anyway ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I think you'll find it's just a shortcut not a 100% though, when you drag it back into the dock what does it do?

"Home" in which your referring to if not mistaken is stored on the Macintosh HD under Users.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I have the folder icon in 3 places the Dock right hand
the finder toolbar leftwindow
the app´s folder

I tried removing it from the dock it went no problem I just want to know how to remove it from the app´s folder if it´s not supposed to be there.
Thanks so far

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kilted1 said:
I have the folder icon in 3 places the Dock right hand
the finder toolbar leftwindow
the app´s folder

I tried removing it from the dock it went no problem I just want to know how to remove it from the app´s folder if it´s not supposed to be there.
Thanks so far

Does it still appear in the Users folder!!! First before you do anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
yeah you should definitely check to see if it is in the users fodler before proceeding

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes it does . I just not an error message saying can´t find safari keychain ...Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well appears after trying it myself, if you remove the Home Folder from it's "Home" in the Users section that folder is then Replaced with a New One.

So all the contents of the Home folder are then moved meaning that if you delete them you lose the copy. Hopefully you didn't Empty your Trash with the Correct Folder in it.

Just drag the correct home folder back to the Users folder and everything should be fine.

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it sorted I don´t know what I did But I ain´t moving it again :-D
Thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.