application probs

Reaction score
I have 2 users for possible login on the mac, user 1 has the ability to use some software that user 2 does not.

I would like user 2 to have the same applications as user 1, but as it stands this is not the case, particularly in some burning software where user 1 downloaded the full version some time ago, we are unable to find the key for it, and user 2 cannot access the full version for some reason??

This means user 2 has to log on as user 1 to write a disc and log off again to access his own desktop.

Any ideas how to amend this?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Have you got Parental Controls switched on, if so I would look into that and see what Applications they can use.

Alternatively did you restrict the installation of any software to a particular user, so instead of installing it for all users you just installed it for yourself. I know some Install Packages have this especially on WinXp but I'm not 100% if it's the same on OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GB Ram OS X 10.5 Windows XP SP2, iMac 512MB Ram OS X10.4
application not available to all users

Have you got Parental Controls switched on, if so I would look into that and see what Applications they can use.

Alternatively did you restrict the installation of any software to a particular user, so instead of installing it for all users you just installed it for yourself. I know some Install Packages have this especially on WinXp but I'm not 100% if it's the same on OSX

I have same problem as a new mac owner. Parental control is not on. I have downloaded several new apps and they are only avilable to me. How can I give access to other users?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.