Photoshop Elements 4.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
is it any good? and any news on if 5.0 is comming to mac? and could it be universal? im getting a macbook christmas.

:mac:
davis

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
switching soon

is photoshop elements 4.0 any good? and if and when 5.0 comes out is it going to be universal? thanks

davis

(btw: my thread about this same topic was deleted for some strange reason!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It will be coming to OS X, but usually the mac version shows up a fair bit after the windows version.

I'm going to assume it'll be universal, as CS3 is also coming out sometime next year and the 2 share a code base.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I dont know if its any good, I dont use it but I would expect any new software coming out of Adobe to be universal.

Reaction score
I have PE 4.0 and really like it. Although I am no expert in it's use and I am no where near maximizing it's potential. It opens somewhat slow on my MacBook but runs quick enough once it's loaded.

I use it for touching up photos and resizing them and maybe adding a few effects here and there.

OP
DavisCollins
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
captclose said:
I have PE 4.0 and really like it. Although I am no expert in it's use and I am no where near maximizing it's potential. It opens somewhat slow on my MacBook but runs quick enough once it's loaded.

I use it for touching up photos and resizing them and maybe adding a few effects here and there.

good to know. but yeah basicaly all adobe apps start up slow. it is sp stupid. hhaha thanks for the info tho.

davis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yes, PE4 is very good, and PE5 will be universal. You may also wish to look at GIMP, which is open source freeware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
DavisCollins said:
is photoshop elements 4.0 any good? and if and when 5.0 comes out is it going to be universal? thanks

davis

As was stated above... the thread wasn't deleted... it was moved to the correct forum... Software & Applications... my guess is that the same will happen to this one, and the other thread will be deleted.

It is hard to answer what you define as "good". For basic editing it's great... BUT basic.

5.0 will surely be Universal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
DavisCollins said:
It wasn't deleted, it was moved to the proper forum. :black:

I also merged your threads together (as cross-posting is against forum rules) so this way all of your responses are in the same place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.