Hard drive cable

M

mikefromokc

Greetings,

I was brave enough to try to replace my hard drive on my ibook g4 since it was no longer working. Well I was able to open everything up just fine but when I got to the hard drive I broke the orangish cable that is attached to the front of the hard drive. Now I am trying to reinstall the OS and the ibook can now longer see the hard drive. I can put the hard drive in my external drive case and read/see it on my other mahcines but not on the ibook. The piece I broke, can I get it replaced or repaired and also what does it do?

Thanks,

Mike

broken.jpg

Reaction score
i am having the same problem - my new HD isn't being recognized - but i didnt break anything.

from your pic, i dont think that breaking that part of the ribbon would cause it to not get recognized...

but if there is anyone out there that can help us out installing the OS X from scratch - we would appreciate it greatly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.