Help New Mac User

Reaction score
It's been a month since I made the switch and I am having trouble understanding why everything works. I have been able to accomplish tasks on my Mac that i was never able to figure out on the PC. I've designed websites in minutes and It used to take days. I'm much more productive then ever. Is something wrong?

PS. My MacBook has not crashed and I have not had to reboot yet. Is this normal? I'm a little worried. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
If in doubt...Just freak out.

I'm also a New to Mac, however it has been like you've said except the odd "hiccups" in Safari. But apart from that it does seem alot more stable OS than Windows is and alot faster booting up is the main thing I noticed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
when i first started reading this i thought you were retarded...

OP
captclose
Reaction score
DavisCollins said:
when i first started reading this i thought you were retarded...

LOL! I feel a little retarded for not making the switch sooner. Mac's have come a long way since my old Apple IIe and IIc. Anyone else remember those computers?

Reaction score
Yeah they have, but apparently Windows hasn't...

Given a choice everyone opts for a Mac. I've yet to meet someone use a Windows box to do something the mac can. And it's good that way.

Reaction score
Going from Windows to Mac wasn't groundbreaking for me...but going from Windows to Mac BACK to Windows REALLY made me appreciate it. I can't go on a PC for more than 10 minutes without something screwing up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.