Can anybody help? I still have no answer - OS 10 Printing

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering, before I buy an iMac, whether I'll be able to print with it.

I currently have a Samsung Laser printer (SCX4100) on my wireless network, and it's shared with 3 or 4 windows computers. It's connected to one computer, which is connected to the router.

The router is 3com 802.11g. Will the iMac be able to print through the printer (in OS 10) and will it be able to use the internet wirelessly like my other Windows PCs?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I assume so...but your best bet is checking with the Manufacturer's support website or even the Apple Support Website. And Check if it is Compatible.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but I will tell you what I told my friend who kept asking this one question. A Router is a Router. WiFi is WiFi. If a router will work with a PC, it will work with a Mac and OSX if you set up the Mac correctly. There is no Mac only Router nor PC only Router.

As far as printing, depends on the printer and driver but it should work. Some though with certain drivers and printers have had issues printing to a printer attached to a windows machine, but most can be solved with the right driver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
as always i agree with dtravis7

contact your printers manufacturer re: os x support
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
as always i agree with dtravis7

contact your printers manufacturer re: os x support
-chris

That's nice to know but dtravis7 never mentioned anything about contacting any support service!

OP
D
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
As far as printing, depends on the printer and driver but it should work. Some though with certain drivers and printers have had issues printing to a printer attached to a windows machine, but most can be solved with the right driver.

OK thanks, I can't see my printer on the Apple site, do I have to call support, how else can I check?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
BIG D 04, if you feel I did wrong leave me negative Rep. I just answered the router question by the way.

To the OP, check the printers webpage. Do a search for the model and see if they mention OSX support. I was pretty sure that printer was OSX ready. Will check after dinner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtravis7 said:
BIG D 04, if you feel I did wrong leave me negative Rep. I just answered the router question by the way.

I wasn't referring to your comments I was merely pointing out that you never mentioned anything about contacting Customer Support it was merely an observation for coach_z.

I actually thought your response was good straight forward and to the point!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a problem. It's been a long day sorting out Winderz problems on peoples infected Windows machines! :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Welcome to the forums! :black:

We are here to help, but there are some Forum Rules that must be adhered to. One of those is no cross-posting. This is the third time you have posted this same question in different forums here in less than two hours. I am glad that you have received some responses, though they do take time. Forums are not a way to get an immediate response to a question. Posting multiple times will not get you an answer faster so please try to be a little patient with questions you post.
Consider this a warning and please refrain from cross-posting in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.