how to print when in classic mode?

K

kushwood

I'm clueless, so here's my question...I have a new eMac and an (older) Epson Stylus Color 740 printer. I can print when in OS 10 mode using new applications, etc. but cannot print when using an older application or one that comes up in OS 9 mode. When I try to print using an application that works in (9) I cannot find my Epson Color 740 in the chooser. What do I need to do to be able to choose it for printing when in (9) mode? Duh? Do I somehow need to install the printer in OS 9? Most confusing.

OP
B

Badger

kushwood said:
I'm clueless, so here's my question...I have a new eMac and an (older) Epson Stylus Color 740 printer. I can print when in OS 10 mode using new applications, etc. but cannot print when using an older application or one that comes up in OS 9 mode. When I try to print using an application that works in (9) I cannot find my Epson Color 740 in the chooser. What do I need to do to be able to choose it for printing when in (9) mode? Duh? Do I somehow need to install the printer in OS 9? Most confusing.

You need to install the 740 software into classic just as if it was the only system on your machine. In general, classic and OS X operate independently and will require separate installations of most items.
Badger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.