Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
To all who have purchased a Mighty Mouse in the past:

Have you ever had your right click disappear? I purchased mine second hand, but all seemed to be working fine. It is configured to act as two separate mouse buttons. But after a while of use, the right button will become harder to find, so when attempting to do a right click, i'll get a left.
Eventually right click is no longer possible until the mouse is switched off then back on again.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this?

That aside, I know the mighty mouse gets a mixed review, but I think it's great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is this a a wireless mighty mouse? I have read this complaint repeatedly for the wireless version, but not for the wired version. I am using the wired version and the right click works fine.

T

T.P.

Me too.

My mighty Mouse doesnt right click period. It sucks and it is wired. Is there something in my settings i can change? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
T.P. said:
My mighty Mouse doesnt right click period. It sucks and it is wired. Is there something in my settings i can change? Thanks.
Well have you first got right-click enabled? :s

T

T.P.

Ok.

I am a super noob to Mac's how do i enable it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
T.P. said:
I am a super noob to Mac's how do i enable it. Thanks in advance for your help.

System Preferences---> Keyboard and Mouse---> Click the Mouse Tab

Then change the Drop Down Box labelled Primary Button (the one on the right) to Secondary Button. And there you have it!

T

Tanuki

I own the wireless Mighty Mouse and I can confirm the complaint.
It does indeed have problem of not being able to recognize the right click about 70% of the time. It is very frustrating having a button that is not fully reliable. I really hope that Apple would issue some kind of fix for this problem, otherwise, I'm gonna have to resort to using my ugly but reliable Logitech mouse.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
mac57 said:
Is this a a wireless mighty mouse?
Yes, my one is wireless. I'm glad it's not just me that's had this problem. It is ridiculous.

With regards to Apple releasing a fix.. Mine is definitely hardware related, as when I reset the mouse, it works fine.

Looks the part, but for functionality, in my opinion it's a waste of money.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
T.P. said:

Did you install the software from the CD provided? If not Install it. Also go into the Mouse settings AFTER the software is installed and make sure that
where it points to the right click area Secondary Button is selected. Also you HAVE to lift your LEFT finger slightly off the surface of the mouse or Right Click will not register.

Picture 1jpg.jpg

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
Ok, dragging this thread back up, as the issue is really annoying me. I've never dealt with Apple's return policies.

Do you think Apple would be willing to replace my Mighty Mouse? As the right click functionality has completely gone now. Slowly got worse and worse, and now doesn't work at all.

Reaction score
The right click on my wireless Mighty Mouse is also not working unless i switch the mouse off and on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.4GHz MBP, 32GB iPhone 4, 32GB iPhone 4
I have the wired Mighty Mouse. The problem I am having is a little different. Each day this week after browsing different web sites online the mouse refuses to left click. When I click on the left side of the mouse it registers as a right-click. It's very frustrating. I am thinking of just hooking up a mouse from one of my PC's.

Anyone else have that problem with the wired version?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Check the Mouse panel under System Preferences and be sure that somehow the left button is set for Primary Button. Otherwise I have never seen your problem. I have 3 wired MM's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.