Photoshop help????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
How do I get rid of the White Background in the "Strong Kids" part of the image below????

I have just the stand alone "YMCA Strong Kids" image... but I'd like to get rid of the white back ground around the image....

as you can see the white background "cuts" into the rest of the image...

Thanks in advance for any help.

275686973_b8edc01d07_o.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Open up the logo in a Separate file or the file you copied it from. Then use the Magnetic Wizard Tool to go around the image then inverse selection and then delete. Make sure the background isn't locked in the Layers Section though. If it is just duplicate and delete the original layer.

Then you should have a nice logo with a squared background (blank) then just copy it over to the the new background image.

Hope that Helps

That's the way I'd do it, but I'm sure more experienced people on here might have a better solution if this isn't sufficient.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
BIG D 04 said:
Open up the logo in a Separate file or the file you copied it from. Then use the Magnetic Wizard Tool to go around the image then inverse selection and then delete. Make sure the background isn't locked in the Layers Section though. If it is just duplicate and delete the original layer.

Then you should have a nice logo with a squared background (blank) then just copy it over to the the new background image.

Hope that Helps

That's the way I'd do it, but I'm sure more experienced people on here might have a better solution if this isn't sufficient.

Ok... stupid question... where do I find the Magnetic Lasso??? I see the Lasso.. but I do not see the Magnetic lasso?

Thank you!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
RIDE said:
Ok... stupid question... where do I find the Magnetic Lasso??? I see the Lasso.. but I do not see the Magnetic lasso?

Thank you!!!!

Hold Down on the Lasso Tool and 3 Options should appear and it's one of them.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
BIG D 04 said:
Hold Down on the Lasso Tool and 3 Options should appear and it's one of them.

Thank you sooo much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
BIG D 04 said:

Hope that Helps

instead of duplicating - double click the background layer, and simply hit OK. It is now fully editable. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtownley1 said:
instead of duplicating - double click the background layer, and simply hit OK. It is now fully editable. ;)
Learn something new everyday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This will all only work if you can somehow get the Strong Kids logo separated as a layer from the rest. If you have a "flat file" image per what you have shown, there is not much you can do. You need to get the logo onto a separate layer and then use any combination of tools to trim out the white area around it. Magnetic lasso is good but there are many others as well. Can you get a the logo separated onto its own layer so that you can see the full ness of what is underneath it? If not, all is in vain!

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
mac57 said:
This will all only work if you can somehow get the Strong Kids logo separated as a layer from the rest. If you have a "flat file" image per what you have shown, there is not much you can do. You need to get the logo onto a separate layer and then use any combination of tools to trim out the white area around it. Magnetic lasso is good but there are many others as well. Can you get a the logo separated onto its own layer so that you can see the full ness of what is underneath it? If not, all is in vain!

YES... I have the image isolated by it's self... but I am having a hard time getting rid of the white using Mag. Lasso... I am a total Newb w/ Photoshop... I must be doing something incorrect. This is literally my very 1st time using Photoshop. Below is the isolated image...

276517827_d439aec6be_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You are trying to save it as a .jpg file. That file type doesn't support transparency, so whatever your image is, there is going to be a white background around it. You will have to remove the background in Photoshop, then save it as a different file type that supports transparency like .png or .gif.

276517827_d439aec6be_o.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Magic wand the white (play with the tolerance number at the top of the screen until you get all the white. 10 or 20 should do it).

Then inverse the selection (apple-shift-I), copy and paste into your background image.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.