My Macbook Pro battery unraveled itself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
A few days ago, i was using my macbook pro to do my University coursework.

i was up all night working on it, but in the morning i noticed my touchpad was becoming more and more stiff to "click". I couldn't even type, it was as if the click button on my touchpad was pressed upon at all times.

I called up apple and had to take my battery out to find the serial number. Since the battery was out, the touch pad's click button was back to normal! i was able to click and type with no problem.

I looked at my battery and it started to come apart on it's own! i'm just using the power adapter on my laptop without the battery now.

i took a picture of the battery today and it unraveled itself even more! i'm going to call up apple and see why my battery came apart.. and hopefully they should be able to give me a replacement.

img008qq1.jpg

Any of you guys ever experienced something similar? I just don't understand why this happened.. could it be because i was using the macbook pro all night, on top of a table?

Reaction score
Ouch! My MBP gets HOT Iam running fan control and making sure its air can mostly around at all times...heat seems like a good reason why your battery came apart...but I personally dont know for sure...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
when you say your MBP runs "hot", at what temp are you averaging under load? Im curious because I really dont have any heat issues at all with mine....i run at about 70 degrees C under a decent load with photoshop, word, safari, itunes, and mail running. with a DVD spinning, it jumps to maybe 75-78.

Reaction score
sixslinger said:
when you say your MBP runs "hot", at what temp are you averaging under load? Im curious because I really dont have any heat issues at all with mine....i run at about 70 degrees C under a decent load with photoshop, word, safari, itunes, and mail running. with a DVD spinning, it jumps to maybe 75-78.

Before fan control... I was averaging the same temps are you are. Now that I'm running it.... will playing WOW my max temp is 60 C. With no load at rest it's about 38-43 C.

It works, and I didnt' really raise the fan speeds all that much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
what speeds are you running your fan at?

Reaction score
What is the max SAFE temp for our stats to report?

mine runs 45 C with avg load, but it should be noted that i have it propped up so that air can flow underneath it for the most part.

(15"MBP)

i also run sMcfancontroll @ around 2500rpm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.