Just bought myself a 20" iMac

Reaction score
After many years of Windows PC ownership I've finally decided to switch to a Mac, more specifically a 20" iMac with wireless keyboard and mouse. It has not arrived yet but should be here during the coming week and I cannot wait :) I'm sure I'll be on here asking many newbie questions soon.

Sneeks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Welcome to the club I got my 20" iMac up and running two days ago ...It´s a whole new world

Reaction score
Welcome... I haven't put my MBP down since I got it from the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congratulations!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
Congrats! You wont regret it! I got my mac mini a year ago and have brought a macbook recently. I year on and still not looked back to windows. Im sure everyone here will agree, once you have had a taste of a mac, you wonder why you didnt switch sooner! XP seems so old fasion compared to it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Congrats sneeks!!!!! I switched a month ago to the 20" iMac... It is truly AMAZING!

C

chasincharpchui

ive read somewhere that the video card on the 24"iMac is not as good as the 20"iMac
is this true? coz if it is, im getting the 20" instead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Got my Mac and haven't looked back since March.

G

Guardian

I have had mine for about three weeks amazing machine, like many others I wish I would have seen the light along time ago. :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Congratulations I can assure you that you will fall in love with it, everything makes sense and I have had no real problems with it.

Chasincharpchui - It seems unlikely that they would put a worse video card in a bigger space, however they might have done for some reason. What is your source because often internet rumors are unfounded, and according to the apple website the two chips in the 24 inch are better than the top one in the 20 inch. While I would advise that apples statistics are somewhat exaggerated because both games work better on nVidia anyway.

http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/graphics.html

OP
S
Reaction score
It arrived today :) Only just got it all set up and working but currently having net connection issues with my Telewest Blueyonder cable broadband. The data connection keeps dropping every 5-10 minutes and I have to reset the modem. I've had this problem for 3 days prior to the arrival of the Mac so it is not to blame.

So far loving the Mac, will explore more on Friday night.

Reaction score
Congrats. I just left 'the dark side' and joined the MAC family. Still getting used to OS X but so far I love it.

Reaction score
My 17" iMac is going to arrive soon. I can't wait until I can put my hands on my first Mac. I'm so excited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Congrats! & Welcome the to M-F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
My iMac is the best computer I have ever owned. 1.5 years and still going strong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I have had my iMac up and running for a week now I feel like I'm in a whole new world.

Congrats with yours

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I'm going on 3+ months with my iMac and still loving it. No issues whatsoever (touch wood)! Awesome computer, have Mac Office so no need for Windoze anymore. Having saidf that I installed Vista with no problems at all. Mainly to play MS Flight Sim which runs really well by the way...

OP
S
Reaction score
24 hours have passed and after a full evening of using my new Mac I can safely say I love it. The speed and performance is great. I installed Parallels with Win XP Pro tonight and could not believe how fast everything continued to run. Been able to swith between XP and OSX in an instant without a drop in performance was a welcome surprise to me. XP will only be used for Usenet access as I have not found any Mac software that I like yet to replace Newsleecher.

My old PC was 3 years old so this really is a huge leap forward and it looks great.

A happy new switcher :)

Sneeks

p.s. I'm contemplating buying a flight sim game. I'll either go the Microsoft route or maybe consider the Mac flight sim which I heard is meant to be good (the name escapes me right now).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
chasincharpchui said:
ive read somewhere that the video card on the 24"iMac is not as good as the 20"iMac
is this true? coz if it is, im getting the 20" instead
The stock video card that comes with the 24" is nVidia's 7300GT, which is about on par, maybe a shade slower, than the ATi X1600 on other models.

However, the build-to-order option on the 24", the 7600GT, while not being a beast of a card, would still be better than either the 7300GT or X1600.

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm loving the Mac more and more, so glad I decided to take the leap and wave goodbye to my XP pc.

The movie trailer access using Front Row is brilliant and I only discovered this existed by accident, I was browsing everywhere possible on my new toy :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.