• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Connect360 +iTunes 7

N

naib

Ever since installing iTunes 7, my xbox360 doesn't see my iTunes library.

I use a little app called "Little Snitch" that acts as a firewall and I've made sure to allow the 360 connnection, but is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Connect360 sees my 360, just not vice versa.

Thanks in advance. Help!! :doctor:

Oh, btw..
Connect 360 <-- app I'm talking about. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I use Connect360 aswell but fortunately I haven't came across any problems. Does your Xbox 360 find your Mac or does it just not find your iTunes library?

Might want to Check your Firewall Settings aswell as your iTunes Sharing Preferences

OP
N

naib

BIG D 04 said:
I use Connect360 aswell but fortunately I haven't came across any problems. Does your Xbox 360 find your Mac or does it just not find your iTunes library?

Might want to Check your Firewall Settings aswell as your iTunes Sharing Preferences
I didn't know iTunes had "sharing" preferences. I'll look there right away.

I've updated connect360(duh), and turned off it's access control list and still nothing.

Checking iTunes prefs now...

Thanks man.

OP
N

naib

Sure enough iTunes sharing wasn't enabled. Saved me a future problem, but it's still not working.

Even with the firewall off the 360 no longer sees my Mac. Are there any services I should have enabled? I don't remember having to enable windows sharing...

Edit:
Rebooted the 360 and the Mac(just in case), went into the media blade on the 360 dashboard and boom!!! There's my library!!!

Thanks again Big D. The iTunes sharing was the problem.
<---- :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
naib said:
Thanks again Big D. The iTunes sharing was the problem.
<---- :dummy:

NOt a Problem.

BTW Have you registered your copy of Connect360?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
the trial only allows 100 songs :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm aware of that now unfortunately...

Just haven't been using it much lately trying to justify the small but essential cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Everytime I try to run Connect360, it freezes, on both of my Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
Connect 360 sees my 360 fine, but I can't get my xbox to see my mac. I have e-mailed tech support multiple times and still nothing. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
djdusk said:
Connect 360 sees my 360 fine, but I can't get my xbox to see my mac. I have e-mailed tech support multiple times and still nothing. any ideas?
Sounds like the OP's problem did you try the things I posted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 400MHz & original Imac Graphite
I had a slight issue with Connect360 the other day. Went to the site and found a newer version available so I downloaded it. Worked fine after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.