Is someone hijacking my wireless network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am on a wireless network... it is WPA protected.... But I think someone (maybe a neighbor) might be connected to my network. How do I find out for sure???

On XP (parallels) my Zone Alarm alerts every couple minutes that it has "blocked and attempt to access the internet".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
RIDE said:
I am on a wireless network... it is WPA protected.... But I think someone (maybe a neighbor) might be connected to my network. How do I find out for sure???

On XP (parallels) my Zone Alarm alerts every couple minutes that it has "blocked and attempt to access the internet".

Below is a screenie of my Activity Monitor.. Is the red Data Sent??? What would be being sent?
I highly doubt anyone like a neighbor is hijacking you. What this does sound like is spyware trying to send something. You said it happens under XP in Paralells and Windows is the playground for junkware like that. :black:

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
D3v1L80Y said:
I highly doubt anyone like a neighbor is hijacking you. What this does sound like is spyware trying to send something. You said it happens under XP in Paralells and Windows is the playground for junkware like that. :black:

Literally the only thing I have done on XP (parallels) is download Zone Alarm, and Spybot... nothing else... at all.

I'll probably just delete the the XP/Parallels partition.
Anything special I need to do when getting rid of it???

Thanks DB!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I'm with DevilBoy. I think you have a piece of software that you may have selected "Deny Access and always remember this setting" at one point or another. Whenever it tries to access the internet it alerts you. Since i'm on my Mac at the moment i cant remember where its at but if you go into the zone alarm settings it will give you a list of programs and if they are allowed to access the internet or not.

If you want to get rid of your XP partition just run the Boot Camp program again and select Restore. this will delete the XP partition and give it all back to the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.