Looking to buy a digital camera ( HELP)

J

jeffreyz

im looking to buy a 4 or 5 mp digital camera. looking to spend up to $130. hopfully thats enough. does anyone have any suggestions. i was looking at the fujifilm A500, but im not sure. any suggestion would be helpful . what a good brand to buy. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I love the Kodak Easy Share products. I'm actually hoping to get a V603 or V610 but right now i cant afford it. I tried a Fuji Film product once and I didn't like it. It may have been me but most of the time the pics came out blurry, even when i was perfectly still. With the Kodak camera most of the pics were clear, even when I was at the NASCAR races taking pics of the cars going 180MPH :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
alucard said:
I love the Kodak Easy Share products. I'm actually hoping to get a V603 or V610 but right now i cant afford it. I tried a Fuji Film product once and I didn't like it. It may have been me but most of the time the pics came out blurry, even when i was perfectly still. With the Kodak camera most of the pics were clear, even when I was at the NASCAR races taking pics of the cars going 180MPH :)

I think just the opposite actually :p
The two compact Kodak cameras I've used have been awful. Alkaline battery operated (short battery life), clunky features and slow controls.

I have a Fuji Finepix F810 (6mp) which has served me very well over the two years I've had it. Excellent manual controls for a compact camera, good manual focus, very sharp screen.

It's also very quick to transfer photos, the fastest I've yet used - and no annoying Kodak transfer applications (which by the way are horribly slow, and I've experience bugs with them) Photos rarely come out blurry if you know what settings you're using, and what conditions you're shooting under.

Go for a brand you can trust - Sony are quite good, Canon and Nikon also make great digital cameras. Fuji are also quite good, although they're not known for their cameras outside Japan really, only their films. I'd still recommend Fuji though, as I've had no troubles with mine in the time I've had it.

Test out all the cameras you can - look for ease of use, a good variety of features in a menu you can navigate. Battery life is also something to look for (rechargeable is pretty much a must!)

Camera stores are often happy to do deals with you, and may come down in price if you offer to pay cash (you may even get a free memory card thrown in ;))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I would recommend that you visit www.dpreview.com. This excellent site has an exhaustive run down on available cameras with independent reviews. It may help in your search.

OP
J

jeffreyz

thanks for the feedback

i did a lil more homework and decided on the canon A420. Found that alot of people really like this one and it seems that alot of sites recommend canon. so thank you everyone :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.