USA v UK flag in finder menu

E

ellsin

It's only a small thing BUT the flag in the finder menu jumps back to USA each time I change it to UK — I'd rather have no flag. How?
[Newbie OSX user!] :doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Its referring to the Support for Dictionary I believe...

So if your Dictionary is enabled then I'm sure you'll want it with English Spelling :)

Not 100% sure on that though as I'm also a Newbie

Reaction score
I don't know why it would jump back to US, but if you're running under UK all the time, you can remove the US choice by going under the apple to System Preferences, then to International, then to Input Menu.

Find US, remove the tick, then go to the bottom and remove the tick next to Show input menu in menu bar.

OR

Click once on the flag in the menu bar and slide down to Open International and remove the ticks.

The top version is longer, but keep it in mind that once the flag is gone, it's the only way to get it back if you want to undo these changes.

With only one flag chosen, however, the menu-bar flag should disappear on its own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Brown Study said:
With only one flag chosen, however, the menu-bar flag should disappear on its own.

Not true for me anyway...I have Only one selected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Go to system preferences-> international->input menu and remove the tick in 'show input menu in the menu bar'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.