Garage Band Question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey guys,

So I was messing around with Garage Band last night with my guitar hooked up using the Griffin Garage Band Guitar cable.

It all sounded cool but I couldn't help but notice "clicking" when ever I added an effect to my live track, weather the effect be a preset or simply an amp simulation I had made up.

I play with the monitor on so that I can hear what the guitar sounds like but the clicking is just soo annoying! (& Its not the metronome, I already checked lol!)

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Maybe you need to make some adjustments in the preference menu. Go to the audio/midi menu within and see what happens.

Reaction score
I get this as well and I've heard a few explanations. Sometimes with your regions if you edit/delete/move there can be little artifacts left over which causes the pops. Obviously deleting them gets rid of it.

Other explanations are because the guitar amps/sims are demanding on your system popping is the result. Go through all the power saving features you can and see if it makes a difference. I'll give you some hints if you need them.

Check your cables, connections, powerboards and interfaces for any problems as well. Sometimes it can just be a dodgy cord or connection.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I have noticed with my iMac that some of the audio sockets on the back (in/out) don't allow a standard audio jack to sit all the way in!

Is this a normal issue or just a problem specific to my iMac?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac
I noticed this too. They are recessed and won't allow wide plugs to go all the way in. I got around this by usng a USB sound card.

Cheers,

Jack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.